Sunday, May 25, 2008

Girls just wanna have fun....

...and a TON of fun was had this weekend!! Emma had 3 little girls come over friday night for a sleepover as part of her birthday party. The girls watched movies, played dress-up, sang songs, danced, made cookies, and stayed up ALL NIGHT LONG!!! I went to bed around 11:45 and woke-up around 2:45 and thought I should check on the girls. When I went to Emma's room, I found Emma asleep and the other girls playing a game. They said Emma had just fallen asleep. I told them they could keep playing...as long as the played quietly. I didn't need Audrey & Amy waking up in the middle of the night! A couple of hours later (I think!) I awoke to loud laughter from ALL the girls (Emma must have just taken a short nap!) and the sound of footsteps all through the house. I'm not sure what the girls were up to, but I quickly got up and asked them to keep it down!! Then....around 5 o'clock, I was gently brought out of my slumber by one of the girls tapping me on the shoulder. This time, they wanted to know if they could go swimming!!! At 5 o'clock in the morning!!!! Of course I said no but told them they were more than welcome to watch a movie or play a game. The next time they woke me up was around 7 asking for a snack. I finally pulled myself out of bed around 7:45 and helped them make some muffins around 8:30. One of the little girls finally crashed on the couch around 8 o'clock and got a 2 hour nap. The girls all had a blast and I never knew so much laughter could come from one group of girls! I really enjoyed it (even though I didn't get much sleep) because I got to see how sweet Emma and her friends are to each other. Saturday afternoon a few more girls came over for the pool party. The pool temperature was around 83 degrees, but from all the swimming the kids did, you would have thought it was much warmer! It took a good bit of convincing to get them to come into the house when it was time for presents and cake! Emma got lots of Hannah Montana things and I think she ended up with 6 new Webkinz!! Her guitar cakes were a hit and after cake & ice cream the party was pretty much over. Some kids went home, some stayed and swam a little longer. Audrey and Amy decided to go home with Angaw & Nanaw to spend the night. Emma invited 2 of her friends (from church) to spend the night that night but only one decided to stay. Sara and Emma played for hours doing crafts and singing together. Emma's fun from the night before finally caught up to her around 10 and she started dozing off!! It was right about that time that Sara started getting a "tummy-ache" and wanted to call her daddy. Sara isn't much for sleepovers and I was really surprised she lasted as long as she did! Her poor Dad drove all the way from McDonough to Newnan to pick her up!! (It took him about an hour to get here!) As luck would have it Sara fell asleep about 15 minutes before he arrived!!! It was a bit difficult to get her up this morning. I think it will take her a few days to fully recover. Sadly, I think it might take me about 2 weeks!!! But what can I say?? Girls just wanna have fun!!! :)

No comments: